Monday, April 11, 2011

Slow Down and Trust

Life has been absolute chaos the last few weeks. With the wedding only 48 days away and Kurt and I still trying to figure out what in the world we're doing afterward, it's beginning to become overwhelming.

This past weekend I was finally able to unwind and refocus. Sunday I spent the day with Kurt and he helped me clear my head. He's such an encouragement; I really am blessed by him. After talking for awhile, we decided to do yard work at his house. He cut the grass and did all the "manly stuff" and I got to plant flowers! I'd forgotten how much I enjoy gardening. Spending time in the sun, hands all grimy, planting my favorite flowers (ranunculus)...it was pure bliss.

Sunday reminded me that time spent with your best friend, doing something you love and reflecting on what God has already done for you (not what you need/want him to do) is so much more important and beneficial than worrying.

Slow down and trust, Michaela.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...