Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Post (or lack there of)

via
I was going to write an Easter post. I wanted to explain how learning to celebrate Jesus's resurrection has transformed my life, how I've felt the lonely hopelessness of Saturday and experienced the redemption and joy of Sunday. Alas, words escape me. 

Thankfully not for others. I highly recommend these:

Ann Voskamp's entire Holy Week series, start with Part 1
Easter Saturday by Brett McCracken

I hope you enjoy celebrating the Resurrection Day of our Savior! I sure am humbled and grateful.

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won; Alleluia!
Vain the stone, the watch, the seal; Alleluia!
Christ hath burst the gates of hell: Alleluia!

Michaela Rae

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous words by Michaela Rae.

    It is hard to describe that feeling isn't it?

    I was staying in London this Easter so couldn't go to my local service! I was visiting family and had booked this london serviced apartment just outside of the city centre. On the Sunday I travelled to see my parents so I was lucky enough to get to visit my mum's church which held such a lovely service!

    I hope you had a lovely weekend and had a very happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! Where do you go to church locally? We attend a church in Wimbledon, just a short walk from our flat. :-)

      Delete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...