Saturday, February 11, 2012

High Tea with Friends

Daffodils Kurt brought me, all open and basking in the sun.
Scones with clotted cream & jam.
Valentine cupcake
Our little fuzzy, overly backlit, group photo. Makes me smile.
I met with friends today for my first High Tea. They taught me all their ways with tea, crumpets, lemon curd, scones, cupcakes, butter and clotted cream. It was delightful! And while we were chatting and sipping our tea, I had a euphoric moment: I'm in England, having tea with four lovely British friends. How cool is my life? As if living in London and eating tasty things isn't enough, I have friends. It makes me smile, sometimes sheepishly, to think how faithful God is. Even though I can be down on myself at times and think I'm no good at taking initiative and building friendships, everywhere I go, in just a matter of time, I see God bless me with them. 

Although this is just a season, by golly five months have already flown by, I know these friendship are eternal. So are the friendships I made in California last year. And the ones in Florida and Chicago. Even though things change and time ticks on, friendships don't have to end. Comforting isn't it?


I hope you're enjoying your Saturday and feel so so loved. 
Michaela Rae

4 comments:

  1. Aren't English Daffodils wonderful? That's one of the things I miss the most about England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When Kurt brought them home they were completely closed. Then they bloomed before my very eyes. It was glorious.

      Delete
  2. You have such a cute blog! I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...