Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here's to 2011, Here's to 2012!

"Not only are we harried by time, we seem unable, despite a thousand generations, even to get used to it. We are always amazed at it - how fast it goes, how slowly it goes, how much of it is gone. Where, we cry, has the time gone? We aren’t adapted to it, not at home in it. If that is so, it may appear as a proof, or at least a powerful suggestion, that eternity exists and is our home.” 
- Sheldon Vanauken

Isn't it true? Here we are, the last day of a year, and once again I can't believe how quickly time has gone. 2011 has meant so much to me and always will. It's hard to sit down and conger up a fitting post to sum the year up - there are so many memories. The two most obvious being that I married my best friend in May and then moved to London in September. It's not every year that those sort of things happen. 2011 will also stick with me because it was the year I lost my first grandparent. Papa Toot was quiet and gentle and always kind. A really loving and generous man. Although 2011 marks the year we lost him, it also marks an extra year we had him; he lived two years longer than the doctors predicted. As of two nights ago, 2011 also meant new life in my family, my new baby nephew entered the world. I'm a happy auntie x2 now. :-) Here's to 2011!

I love all the ways the year pushed me to live fully - whether in great joy, sadness, change or hectic times - I've learned to love a little bit more. Here's to going forward in growth and never going back. Here's to 2012! I hope you all have a most blessed night and day tomorrow reflecting on all the things God has done for you and anticipating the year ahead.

Michaela Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...