Monday, August 22, 2011

Great Lakes Beach Trip

What a fun & productive weekend!

Saturday Claire and I went to a rubber stamp workshop at the Paper Source in Oak Brook. I loved learning all of the different stamping techniques and I bought a few things afterward so I can emboss now. I shouldn't be adding to my crafting supplies but I know I'll put them to use when writing letters and postcards to family and friends.


After church on Sunday Kurt and I went with his parents to Racine Beach in Wisconsin - my first Great Lakes beach trip. I was definitely impressed by the cool water and big sandy beaches, but I still stand by Florida beaches as the best, with California beaches a close second. It just wasn't the same without the salty oceanside smell I love and wind that keeps the bugs away. It was also strange, in a cool sort of way, to have the sun shining from behind me while on the beach.


I enjoyed my new book, The Mom Factor, while lying on the beach. It caught my eye in the church bookstore yesterday and I've hardly put it down since. It explores how moms shape you as a child and continue to influence you as an adult. It focuses on the correlation between how she handled your needs growing up and who you are today. It's fascinating and I highly recommend giving it a read.


Kurt and I spent nearly 4 hours in Bed Bath & Beyond today. Talk about exhausting! We bought $400 worth of things with giftcards & our 10% off registry coupon. It took forever because we were strategizing for things to take to London. We found a lot of collapsable kitchenware that will work perfectly. My favorite items of the day are a cherry patterned apron and Magic Bullet! I've wanted one of those things ever since they came out.

Michaela Rae

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the beaches...although those Great Lakes are pretty, Florida beaches are my favorite. I have always wanted a Magic Bullet, so you'll have to let me know how it works. :) haha! Sounds like you guys are getting ready to pack up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Im going to give that book a read...that one and Boundaries by Henry Cloud. I've heard its really good. You should check it out.
    One time for "self improvement" books. haha!

    Thank you for the photos btw :) Im going to frame some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shalom, it's definitely worth a read! I also want to read Boundaries, I've heard a lot of good things about it. Never though I'd like self improvement books either, but hey, the authors know their stuff (and they're Christians). <3

      Delete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...