Saturday, July 16, 2011

July

I've been loving this month. Earlier this week Kurt and I got away from SoCal on a mini-vaca for a few days. We went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Park. They were truly breath-taking, the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Plus it was just great to pick up and leave with my best friend. Marriage is so fun because you get to do all the things you wanted to do when you were just dating or engaged. We felt like little kids packing a bag to share and leaving without having to tell anyone or get anyone's approval. Have I mentioned that marriage is even better than I imagined it would be? Crazy. We hiked to Yosemite Falls (I was pretty proud of myself), saw two bears, visited the largest tree in the world, and went the entire trip without any music (can't remember why we decided to do that but it was great).

Thursday was my birthday. Our little get away began the celebration but Thursday was wonderful too. We woke up and made a big breakfast and lazed around for a few hours. That night we went to Olive Garden for dinner (thanks Mama J for the gift card!) and then to see The Tree of Life. I had been itching to see it for so long. It was such a beautiful film. I'm still letting it sit with me but I already want to see it again.

I've taken a trillion photos this month, here are just a few:

"long" nails
treatsworld's biggest tree
sequoia4th
moviesbirthday

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...