Monday, February 21, 2011

Fabric Flower Tutorial

 
Flowers I made! The blue one is a shoe clip & I'm undecided on the other. I'll either make it a hair clip or attach it to a headband. What do you think would be cutest? I'm really excited that I'm getting the hang of these. They're a little more difficult to make than I originally anticipated.

5 Step How-To:
  1. Cut round pieces of chiffon. Make them as large or as small as you want. My circles were approximately 2.5 inches across. The number of circles you need will depends on the fullness you want for the flower. I used approx. 10-15.
  2. Pinch the circles together at the bottom and begin hand-sewing them together there. Play around with the way you pinch them to craft the look you want. For example, you can fold in half and then roll the middle circle to make it look like the center of a flower, then fold into 4ths the other circles to put around it.
  3. Cut a round piece of felt to attach to the bottom of the flower.
  4. Decide what you want to use the flower for! If you want to make it a shoe clip, using a hot glue gun, glue the felt piece to the flower & a clip onto the felt. For a flower headband, glue the headband to the bottom of the flower, then glue the felt piece over the headband and onto the flower.
  5. Wear the flare!! =) 
The possibilities are endless! I'm brainstorming on ways I can incorporate these into my wedding. Perhaps as decoration at the reception or as boutonnieres for the groomsmen.
    Michaela Rae

    2 comments:

    I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

    If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...