Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sewing

Something I haven't done in a long time is use a sewing machine. When I was younger my mom, siblings and I used one all the time. Recently I've wanted to try crafts that call for one. Sadly, there's no room in the budget for one now. Tomorrow's going to be a real treat though. An extremely sweet old lady that attends my church has invited me over to sew. She's a bona fide quilter! I'm going to pick her brain for crafting advice, including what type of sewing machine to get in the future.

For the quilt I'll be working on tomorrow I chose a yellow fabric with tiny white flowers, and a blue fabric with larger white flowers. I can't seem to get away from those colors (my wedding colors).

I'm really looking forward to it. Not only for the reasons above, but also because it's not every day that I get the opportunity to spend time with a women who's lived 3x as long as I (she's a mid-80 year old going on 30). Lyn's spunky, sharp, & sweet.

Michaela Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...