Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quilting with Lyn

Here are some photos from my afternoon of sewing with Lyn. We had so many good chats and tasty little treats from her kitchen. I love learning about Lyn's life, she has so much to share. Stories of her 14 moves the first 13 years of marriage, her children and their artistic talents, jokes about any and everything, and so many pictures and quilts of the past. I hope when I'm in my 80's I'm like her - full of life and love for others. She really challenges me to embrace where I'm at and especially the people around me.

Quilting is both easier and harder than I had anticipated. I like putting all of the pieces together on the sewing machine, the actual quilting part however, is a whole other story. Still grateful she's teaching me.


Michaela Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...