Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Adventures in Sweden

I've been MIA because Kurt and I spent six days in Sweden this last week. What a beautiful place! I'm so excited to share photos from our time. The trip was different than most because for one, we stayed with family. Although I haven't spent much time with my aunt Rhonda, uncle Sven and cousin Ellinor over the years (for obvious reasons), staying with them in their pretty Swedish home was like experiencing a little piece of my home. Nearly every wall and coffee table held Florida memorabilia - photos of historic Apalachicola homes, a jar of seashells from St. George Island, even a couple of framed photos by my sister. The trip was also really relaxing. We went on walks by the water and spent time on my aunt's porch, soaking up rays and reading. I found Being Martha on a bookshelf and let myself become thoroughly inspired. I didn't miss the city life at all.


We did explore Norrköping, Söderköping and Stockholm though. Söderköping and Old Town, Stockholm were my favorite. I love cities on water. Söderköping had a river, scattered with sail boats, running through it, and Stockholm spans over 14 islands. They were both pretty magical places. I also couldn't get enough of the Swedish colors and architecture.


I want to share more photos but it's time to get back into the swing of things here in London. I hope you all have had a wonderful week. Adventure on!

Michaela Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...