Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sharing London

This week I'm a London tourist again with my dear friend Victoria. She arrived from Florida on Tuesday and we've been traipsing all around and taking way too many pictures. And I'm pleased to say, we even saw the back of the Queen's head as she exited Buckingham Palace in a horse drawn carriage. No big deal. The city is looking so patriotic and festive this week, everyone is gearing up for the Diamond Jubilee. I love it!


It's a lot of fun showing someone from back home all the things I've grown to love here. Victoria notices all of the same things I noticed when we first arrived here, like the cute little kids following their parents on scooters and the obvious driving on the wrong side of the road. Most of all though, it's just nice to be in the presence of someone who knows me from somewhere else. Someone who's seen me in a different context and that I don't feel like I have to explain as much about myself to. I can relax a little more and let my Southern roots shine.


I wish friends from home could visit me every week; they help me remember that I'm known and loved.

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you're enjoying some awesome adventure this week.

Photobucket

Michaela Rae

7 comments:

  1. Aw, I love you Michaela! I wish I could visit you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. YAY you took away the comment verification! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.S. Are you going to tell us about the Diamond Jubilee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post! So glad your friend got to visit you! And I second Alicia...what's the Diamond Jubilee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Diamond Jubilee is a celebration for the Queen's 60 years as Monarch. I'm not sure what all will go down, but I know there will be a parade and something in front of Buckingham Palace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally resonate with how you said "it's just nice to be in the presence of someone who knows me from somewhere else." Every time I move, I feel that there are pieces of me left behind that no one knows. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how this experience (of pieces being left behind) teaches us to cherish friendship.

      Delete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...