Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wedding Excitement & Inspiration

For six rare days we enjoyed sun and warmth and I allowed it to sink deep into my bones. Spring's always been my favorite season and it's finally arrived in London. 

I feel every year Spring brings more to celebrate and enjoy. This time last year I'd nailed down all the big details for my May wedding and was beginning to enjoy the calm of the little details, the ones you don't really need but that make the day more special (if that's possible) or go more smoothly. I was gathering childhood photos, fixing mason jars to hang on ceremony chairs and finding comfy cream lace flats to wear. The things that are especially fun to plan and still allow you time to relax and reflect. 

Now I'm beginning to prep for my dear friend Kaitlyn's wedding. She sent me a package last week with a card asking me to be her bridesmaid, paint swatches to help me feel her wedding, a tin of lip salve and a handheld mirror. It was the sweetest thing! And it definitely helped me envision her dream wedding. I know it's going to be so soft, romantic and intentional. Just like she and Harbor are.

All week I've been popping into shops and browsing online for the perfect dress. I have plenty of time but I'm just so excited. I ordered this one from ASOS and I'm really hoping it works.


Kaitlyn and us bridesmaids have been sharing inspiration through Pinterest, these are some of my favorite photos.

I can't find where these flat are from, but aren't they amazing? via
via
via
Aren't weddings sweet? I love everything about them. I had my moments of wanting to scrap it all and elope when planning my own; but truth is, having your most dear family and friends present to witness and hold you accountable to your commitment and then to celebrate with, is worth it all. I'm so excited to be that for my dear friend. 

Michaela Rae

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun!! I just got my wedding pictures back this week. While I was looking through them I remembered just how beautiful weddings feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I wish you knew where those shoes were from...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I saw them on Pinterest but it just linked to some random Tumblr page. And once on Tumblr it's nearly impossible to find the original source. Boo!

      Delete
  4. So, you're coming back for her wedding? When is it?
    Love the theme...:)
    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oct 5! It'll be in Destin but we hope to get to Tally a week or so before then. :)

      Delete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...