Monday, August 15, 2011

Downers Grove

Downers Grove is growing on me by the day. I'm not sure why so much this trip by comparison to all my other visits (perhaps it's the cool August weather, thunder storms, little wild bunnies that live in the front yard bushes or the lush greenery all around me), but it just is. Perhaps all our traipsing around the US is beginning to bring the nester out of me as well. Although we're gearing up for London and are really excited, part of me longs to settle down in a place like this and call it a day.

Friday and Saturday we held a legit yard sale. We made over $600! Now we can go shopping to spruce up our wardrobes for London. This morning I went to my first Jazzercise class with Kurt's mom. I'm not going to lie, I fell in love. It's high time I start getting back in shape. Just earlier we went to the local YMCA for a free community dinner/games/crafting time, then Kurt and I went for a walk in a near by park. *sigh* I'm getting spoiled.

On top of it all, one of the things I've enjoyed most is exploring this house. Kurt's family is known for holding on to things and I've found all sorts of treasures: beautiful jewelry that belonged to his grandmother, old cookbooks, dishes, pictures, color movie film, books & the list goes on. Kurt's mom has let me hold on to some of it too.

Culdesac yard sale fun!

Bowling night with friends

Basement treasures

Sailboat necklace that was Kurt's grandmother's

Michaela Rae

P.S. I opened an Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/michaelarae14

1 comment:

  1. I promise I'm not stalking your blog :) Well maybe just a little...but I LOVE your etsy store!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! If you're dropping by for the first time, do let me know.

If you want to comment but don't have a Google account, simply select "Name/URL" under the "Comment as" drop-down menu. Then, enter your name and blog address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...